BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 4, 2010

Avatar/Change.org


   First of all I thought the movie Avatar was pretty cool. I had seen it once before I liked the action about. But when I came to school and my teacher told me about the movie and the comparisons that it had in real life. That surprised me I never had looked at it that way until he told me about it. The interesting thing to me is that this story was written way back in the day. It sends a very good and important message. I think that everybody should know about that message and look at the big picture on what’s happening in this world today. The message that movie sent is that all people care about is power and money that’s what the movie is basically about.

   Well I went on change.org to see what I could petition on. My teacher told me that I had to petition on something that had to do with the movie. So I looked for environmental stuff because the movie had a lot of environmental things in it. I found something on more clean energy jobs and pollution. The movie has a very clean setting. That’s because the people that live there take care of their land. Also it’s because the people don’t have any technology to pollute their planet. Then humans came along and brought all of their technology. The technology started messing the world up.

   The people lived in a very lager tree and there was a very expensive material under that tree. The humans wanted that because they could get rich off of it. The humans did not care if the people lived there. So the people destroyed the tree that was the people’s home. The people tried to stop the humans. But the advanced technology was too much for the people. The humans used guns and missiles to blow up the people’s home tree. All of that fire and smoke hurt the planet. That area wasn’t pure anymore.

   Another environmental part of the movie was when the humans running over all of the trees. Some of those trees were really special to the people. The people were trying to stop the big trucks but they could. The humans were to powerful. My teacher said that that is what represents what is happening in the rainforest. The United States is just chopping down all the trees in the rainforest like if it was okay. I agree with him it does represent what’s happening in the rainforest.

   The blowing up of the people’s home tree represents the oil spill in the gulf. The humans don’t care about the consequences in the movie and people don’t care in real life either. People don’t realize what they’re doing wrong until something bad happens. What upsets me is that the people that cause the problem don’t even attempt to fix it they just run away. Well for the people that do care I recommend that u go to Change.org you can sing petitions for free. Help Change the world and make it a better place for our children.

0 comments: