BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Unique Essay



   What separates me from most of the people; well I don’t know what unique characteristics I have. I think that I just fit in with the people. The only thing that I really like to is play sports and also play video games. The reason that I like to play sports is because you have a lot of fun and you are usually working out at the same time. My favorite sports are football basketball and baseball. Baseball not as much I only like it because I am a Red Sox fan. I have tried playing base ball before but I didn’t really like it. Maybe it’s because I wasn’t really good at it. I started liking the Red Sox after they won the World Series back in 07. I think that was the year.

   My most favorite sport is football. I love playing football especially on the streets. I like playing on the streets because there are no rules and no padding. You can play with anybody you’d like. On the streets it not so much about team work it’s more about the individual plays. Usually teamwork only goes into play when you ask for it. The team that starts using team work usually always wins unless the other team is better. I like being aggressive and fast in the beginning of games. But the bad thing about that is that I get gassed pretty early. All I need is about a one minute break and I am good again. I haven’t played football in a while. I would like to play it more often over the summer. I have a couple of friends that up by where I live and they like to play football. We used to play a lot a while back but for some reason we suddenly just stopped. This summer I want to get the crew back together and start playing some more football.

   Basketball is a great sport. I was never really into it when I was little. I think its because I never really understood it. I didn’t start watching basketball until I was like about 12. I was bored and there was nothing on TV. All that was on was basketball. So I decided to watch it for a bit. I was amazed on the athleticism of all of the players. I seen how they were making all of their shots I thought it was easy to do what they did. But it was only because they made it look easy. I decided I wanted to try shooting and see if it was really easy or not. I got to a little court by the park and I stood at the free throw line. I told myself wow this looks easy, I shot the ball and I didn’t even get close to the rim. I told myself what a major fail. I tried again and again I couldn’t make anything. Then I seen someone go to the other basket and he also went to the free throw line. He shot and swished it then I tried and it was just another air ball. I turned around and I seen him make another. I noticed that he was bending his knees so I tried the same thing and I finally made it. I was happy I could finally make free throws and now I think its lame now that I know more about basketball. Ever since then I liked watching and playing basketball. Eventually I became a Celtics fan. People tell me it’s just because they won the NBA Championship. But they are wrong I like them because they are a good team and they’re from Boston. That’s pretty much it for my basketball.

   The one main thing that I love to do when am not playing any sports is playing video games. If I am at home I’m probably playing video games. I have liked playing video game my whole life. I started playing them when I was about 5 years old. I remember that it was the best gift that my dad ever gave me at that time. It was called a Super Nintendo and it came with one of the best games of all time, Super Mario Bros. My dad connected it to the TV and he started to play it because I didn’t even know how to play it. It looked cool I remember all the little monsters getting smashed by Mario. Then my dad showed me how to play I caught on pretty fast but it took me a while to get good at it. After the Super Nintendo I got the game boy then the 64 I had most of those consoles from the past. Years past and technology advanced they finally invented the play station 2 and the Xbox. I had the ps2 I loved playing that system until the Xbox 360 and the ps3 came out. I now have an Xbox 360 because I can’t afford the ps3 ha-ha. My favorite games that I always are Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, and UFC Undisputed 2009. That’s really much it for my life and what I like to do on my free time.

0 comments: